Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Technology Nine Commandments

Since I have had some time on my hands in between jobs, I have had the opportunity to reflect on what I have learned over my 34 years in education about the most effective ways to incorporate technology into today's classrooms to enhance teaching and learning.  As a principal, I made my fair share of mistakes in my well intentioned efforts to try to make the most out of technology.  As a blended learning senior consultant I saw even more mistakes being made, again with good intentions.

My experiences have led to the crafting of a list of dont's and do's when considering incorporating technology programs with kids in education settings.  I hope I don't offend readers as I have put my thoughts, most of them don'ts, into a list of commandments.   I had ten, but deleted one to make it the Nine Commandments.   I didn't want to be accused of infringing on the big guy's intellectual property.  I do not mean for this post to be sacrilegious, just humorous and hopefully thought provoking.

You can find the commandments on this shared Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CdPYH8CjnNvlwG8YTBfpCwIyedJxlLS6VUO9zaVoTiE/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment