Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Moving to Mooresville! A National Model of the Digital School

Add Mooresville, North Carolina to my list of places where I would live and raise my kids.  Instead of buying laptops, how about leasing a MacBook Air for just $215 a year, including warranty? Despite their innovations, as well as their recognition, Superintendent Mark Edwards insists it's not about the technology, or as he calls it, "the box." he is quoted as saying, "It's about changing the culture of instruction - PREPARING STUDENTS FOR THEIR FUTURE, NOT OUR PAST." (caps added by me for emphasis)  How cool to work for such a visionary leader.  I wonder what the housing market is like down there?  You can read the piece below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/education/mooresville-school-district-a-laptop-success-story.html?_r=1

No comments:

Post a Comment