Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Obama Wants Digital Textbooks

Not being the biggest fan on government intervention, I was a little concerned when I cam across this piece in USE Today. As much as I an a fan of e-textbooks and digital media, I'm not sure it's the government's role to "begin pushing publishers, computer tablet makers, and Internet service providers to lower their costs."  I am a believer in the free market and believe we will continue to see a drop in costs and an increase in availability of e-texts as dictated by market pressures.  I'm also a little concerned about government "picking winners" in this process of adopting digital texts.  At any rate, at least the transition is getting national attention and I suppose that's a good thing.  You can read the piece below:

No comments:

Post a Comment